Putting a longboard fin in a surfboard is easy and only takes a few moments. To start you will just need your longboard fin, the nut and bolt it came with and a screw driver to match the bolt.
The steps to attach your longboard fin are:
- Start by putting in the longboard nut. This is the square nut. It’s easiest to do this by screwing it onto the bolt a little before you put it in and then holding the bolt and sliding the nut into the larger hole in the centre of the longboard slot. Once it is in push it to the end of the slot (nose end) and take the screw out.
- Get your longboard fin and find the two metal guides, slide these into the fin slot by putting them in the larger middle hole first
- You will find the fin slides back and forth easier while the fin is tilted
- If you don’t know where the fin should go simply place it in the middle of the fin slot (even distance from front and back)
- Push the find down into the slot firmly
- Find the square nut and use your screwdriver to slide it back and under the fin to carefully line it up with the hole in the fin
- Get the screw, put in in the hole and guide into the hole and screw the fin in nice and firmly
Check out this video